😝 Tom Something inconsequential bothers me: A novelist writing a series of books featuring an American, spells "curb" as "kerb". "Curb" is the U.S. spelling, "kerb" is the British spelling. That spelling seems unnatural to me, I like the way other British words are spelled, but for some reason, not this one. I wonder why the author uses that spelling. I've only noticed it in his recent novels, so I wonder if he's used the American spelling in the past, and if so, why he changed.
🤘🐈 Matthew Maybe the author has a different editor who hasn't reminded them to do a :%s/kerb/curb/g op on their manuscript?
Login or register to reply